Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fridays Appt

I went to the high risk clinic Friday to be assessed for the hand foot and mouth exposure to the baby.  I was told that hopefully by the time I have him on the 18th that my body made and transferred antibodies to him so that if he doesn't already have it he will be able to fight it off better since we are still carriers for 8 weeks after having it ourselves.

I was also told that no one in the family is allowed to even kiss the baby because of how contagious this is.  And that we will have to have hand sanitizer enforced by everyone.  That makes me really upset, but what am I going to do about it.  I am going to enforce everyone to wear masks around him while we are at the hospital.  This is all just a bunch of bullshit.
This whole pregnancy didn't suck until the very end.  See with Ray Ray he sucked from day 1 with all of the bleeding and everything.  This baby hasn't had any issues until NOW.

I just hope that he is ok.  This is all pretty scary for me.

And for everyone that keeps telling me not to worry...


Hand Foot and Mouth Disease and Pregnancy

Hand Foot and Mouth Disease during pregnancy can affect the health of the child adversely. There can be cases of spontaneous abortion. Enteroviral attack in the third semester can give rise to Hand Foot and Mouth Disease in babies during the first month after birth.
Hand Foot and Mouth Disease in pregnancy is very serious for the health of the unborn baby. In pregnant women, the virus can be transmitted through the placenta of the mother and affect the child. In case of a Coxsackie virus type A infection, there can be fetal deformities. The child may be born with some defects. Virus A infection in third semester can lead to the birth of a stillborn baby in some cases.
Coxsackie virus B infection does not give rise to any physical deformity in the infant. However, the child may suffer from mild fever and Meningitis Encephalitis, Epilepsy and Myocarditis in severe cases. Liver necrosis can also result in death in infants suffering from Hand Foot and Mouth Disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment